6/22/08

WP: McCain Campaign Surrounded by Schizophrenia

The right wing has no serious message content now, or ever.

McCain stands for less than nothing. Less government, less taxes, less progress, fewer rights, no change, let the ganovim roam free.

Wait, check that, McCain is for something -- 100 years of war in and/or the occupation of Iraq.

Anyhow that's an opinion from a biased left wing progressive (me).

Let's hear what McCain's right wing buddies think of him today:
"I'm baffled that the McCain guys have somehow managed to take a guy who practically had 'reform' tattooed to his forehead and turned him into the bastion of the status quo," said one Republican strategist, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The veteran strategist, who has not been asked to join the campaign, said the "devastating me-too chorus from Bush and [Vice President ] Cheney" on oil drilling is a "great example of the schizophrenia that surrounds their campaign."
There's more in today's WP article, and it sure ain't purty.

[He has such a nice smile - especially considering all the heroic suffering and torture he endured forty years ago, prior to his disgraceful confession. ("I am a black criminal and I have performed the deeds of an air pirate. I almost died and the Vietnamese people saved my life, thanks to the doctors.") But he is a hero because, heck as he says, "Every man has a breaking point. I had reached mine." Poor me. I thought heroes shoot down lots of enemies and never confess, no matter what. Show how little I know.]

3 comments:

John D. Enright said...

I'm not a great supporter of McCain, but quoting a "confession" made under extreme duress after days of torture to score a political point against a genuine hero is beneath contempt. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You want to talk about lunacy? How about BO's June 19, 2008 statement: An investment of $250 billion five years ago would have produced an engine that didn't require fossil fuels.

Contrast that with his "comprehensive" energy policy: Obama is pushing for a "windfall tax" on oil companies' record profits and for federal investment of 150 billion dollars over 10 years in renewable and green energies.

What? He's touting technologies which he won't support financially? That, my friend, is schizophrenia.

bryce said...

Maybe your statement, "Anyhow that's an opinion from a biased left wing progressive (me)," should've come at the very end.

Anonymous said...

as a democrat i am feeling wholly disappointed at the choices. these two are both the most undesireable in a long time. I would not vote for mccain or obama if the race were held today. i really hope the options change come november or a viable 3rd choices arises. it is sick to have to think of choosing who would be the lesser of two evils. this goes way beyond roe v wade and gay marriage. this goes to everything. and taking everything into account - both mccain and obama really suck.