7/13/06

War in the Middle East: I am Afraid. Very Afraid.

There is not doubt that the War in the Middle East has heated up today.

The best we can hope for is a victory in a conventional war. I fear that this time we are looking at an escalation. No I do not fear nuclear war. I fear religious war.

I have thought about this. I have taught about this (last year a course called, "War and Peace in Judaism, Christianity and Islam"). I have blogged about this, as for example:

· God and Terror
· Religion and Terror II: Christian "Jihadists"
· Religion and Terror III: Jewish "Jihadists"
· Religion and Terror IV: Islamic "Jihadists"
· Religion and Terror V: Sikh "Jihadists"
· Religion and Terror VI: Buddhist "Jihadists"
· Religion and Terror VII: the Theater of Terror
· Religion and Terror VIII: Cosmic War
· Religion and Terror IX: Martyrs and Demons
· Religion and Terror X: Warrior's Power -- War, Sex, and God
· Religion and Terror XI: The Mind of God

I have wrapped my mind around the concept of a religious war. And I am afraid. Very afraid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should include a link on Atheism and Terror. Y'know, just so that you don't play into the hands of those who like to say that religion is the cause of all our problems.