What are the connections between religions and terrorism?
That's a big question. I tried to answer, explain and understand it in the past through my extensive scholarly research and my academic teaching.
Here is a selected list of my blog posts of study resources in the analysis of the connections between terrorism and religion (compiled when I taught a course on religion and terrorism at FDU a few years ago). Click on each one to read it.
- Questions about American Christian Terrorism
- Religion and Jewish Terrorists (and see the JTA report)
- What is a Religious Culture of Violence and Terror?
- Who were Shoko Asahara and the Buddhist Aum Shinrikyo Religious Terrorists?
- How did Religion Motivate Sikh Terrorists?
- What is the Logic of the Theater of Religious Terror?
- Why Do Religious Terrorist Martyrs say that they aim to kill the demons?
- What do Sexuality and Humiliation have to do with Terrorism?
- Will the War Against Religious Terrorism Ever End?
- From Kahane to Osama: How Do Men Make Religious Terrorism Into Cosmic War?
- How can we end religious terrorism and achieve the peace of God?
- Concluding Questions on Religion and Terrorism
I have studied this subject at great length and taught courses in the area because I believe that a deeper understanding can help us resolve tragic conflicts.
I also believe in the power of prayer to help us bring peace to the world.
I recommend to you my book: God's Favorite Prayers