1/26/09

Is Nicholas Cosmo Jewish?

We think that Nicholas Cosmo head of Agape World is not a Jew. The comments to this post below provide unverified and contradictory information about Mr. Cosmo's religious and ethnic background.

Cosmo is under investigation for a massive investment fraud involving his investment and loan company Agape World.

This was posted Aug. 4, 2008 @ 6:34p on a FatWallet bargain site forum where his Agape World company was under attack by forum contributors as a scam and a ponzi scheme. The forum started November 12, 2007 with the question, "Has anyone invested with Agape World Inc?"

It's a fascinating forum discussion to read, but I do not consider it much of a credible source of information. Curiously, a contributor, claiming to be Cosmo himself, posted this alleged autobiographical information:
I am Nicholas J. Cosmo. I am 37 years old and was raised in Wantagh, NY. I have been the President of Agape World Inc. since 2000. I have watched my company grow to over 5,000 investors. Today I would like to address this unauthorized blog from former and current Agape clients. I did commit a felony when I was associated with a firm called Continental Broker Dealer. My NASD license was suspended but not revoked due to my cooperation with the investigation into my former employer. I take full responsibility for my actions then and now. My debt to society and the 8 clients affected has been paid back by a fine and jail time. Today, I owe no apologies to anyone for my actions which occured over 12 years ago. I have paid for my mistakes in my life and over a decade ago, I lost everything I had. This included my fiancee and an early part of my sons life, but never my family or my true friends. The incredible success of Agape World Inc. over the last 12 years since my mistake has given me the opportunity to give back ten fold, to my business ventures, my community involvements and through charitable contributions and events. I invite any client, be that current, former or future, to come to my office, sit down with me face to face to address any questions they might have with my morals or my ethics.

I am truly Nicholas Joseph Cosmo...
I am the PROUD President of Agape World Inc. - a legitimate hard money asset based lender...I can firmly state that any non-believer will not be able to find ONE Agape World Inc. client that has not been paid back their investment plus interest over the last decade. NOT ONE!

Thank you and GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's not Jewish. In fact, the very name of the company is a word used mostly in Christian theology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agapē#Agape_in_Christianity

Tzvee Zahavy said...

Agape is a Christian ethic of brotherly love, something Mr. Cosmo will not be feeling from his investors. Another lesson in why naming is so important. Don't name you funds for ethical concepts, don't name them after your children and don't name race horses after medieval Jewish philosophers. But although all that should be self evident... it's not...

Anonymous said...

Nicholas Cosmo is Greek. He is not Jew. I almost went to school with him long ago. He is Greek, he speaks fluently in Greek, attended Greek School in the Unites States and also attending the City University of New York if I am correct as well as a St. John's but for a short period of time. His father was a restaurant worker but later got involved with the construction industry. Nicholas Cosmo is a scam artist who belongs in prison.

Gus

Anonymous said...

I was more interested to know if he is a Dem or not? Madoff is a Dem and I know that Barnie Frank and Chris Dodd are all Dems, they inspired the Fannie and Freddie scheme which flies in the face of all ancient banking practices and the number one rule for thousands of years,"Don't give loans to poor risks and dead beats." The putrid ideas of encouraged little oversight and in truth a free for all. Dems have caused unbelievable problems. Look at George Soros, another Dem who has his businesses registered overseas but wants everyone else to pay higher taxes.
MGG (Mostly Goy Girl)

Anonymous said...

I know Cosmo, and yes he is Jewish. Him and I did not get along very well because our belief system is very different from each other. Also, I believe that many of the remarks he made to me were very biased and shallow.

Tzvee Zahavy said...

anonymous v. anonymous which means we still have no real credible source on the matter.

Anonymous said...

I personaly know Nicky and he is indeed Italian. He is a family member of mine. He has a wonderful wife, his son is smart and kind, and he has a beautiful baby girl. I am 100% sure he did not intend to steal or hurt anyone in any way. He is honest and caring. The last thing his parents want to hear is all of the B.S. that's being spread around. He is innocent until proven guilty. He is a great man, with a shady past. That can happen to any of us. I beg of you all to give him and his family a break. At least his family. They did not have anything to do with what Nicky did.

Anonymous said...

i also know him. And he is italian...not jewish or greek or any of these rediculous suggestions. Just look at his name for gods sake. Doesn't take a genius. And who cares anyway?!?

Anonymous said...

Seems an odd concern, particularly in the absence of any visible evidence of his Jewishness. Count yourself lucky. Yet another Jewish swindler wouldn't be so good for the Jews.

Then there's the wacky name of his company. It's the Greek word we translate as charity, as found in phrases like "faith, hope and charity." Unquestionably the concept of something promulgated within Christianity in opposition to prevailing tone of Jewish religion in the era of early Christianity.

Anonymous said...

Unintentional?? Unintentional to take money designated for asset based lending and invest in in shaky commodities. I'm sure, being a gambler at heart Mr. Cosmo hoped to make money an not lose it but still he obtained these funds on false pretenses. i further undertand that Cosmo chose the name "Agape", claiming to have had a "born-again" experience in prison.

Anonymous said...

I invite all affected to look up the term sociopath. As unfortunate as it is for myself and so many, Nick Cosmo fits the description 100%. Not 99.9%...100%
He is sick, whether born with this illness or cultivated through out life, Nick is a sociopath and hopefully his family will acknowledge this and get him necessary help.

Anonymous said...

Nicks family,I wrote the last blog. He came to me in his darkest hour..u know. He conned me, I lost it all and has cost me mental anguish as well as a multitude of future issues b/c I believed in him. Con man Abagnale was a sociopath..Nick may have hope like this man. Accept that, beneath the rage Im praying there is another layer that can be fixed. Do the research..I didnt believe it either, but its true..hes sick.

Anonymous said...

NICKS FAMILY HAS BEEN SO HURT BY HIS ACTIONS
AND HE HAS TO LIVE WITH THAT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.
HE HAS A WONDERFUL FAMILY.PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM.
HE WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE,BUT HIS FAMILY WILL HURT FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

Anonymous said...

hopefully his family can see the pain he inflicted on innocent people and his family
and somehow go on with their lives and be proud of who they are.they are not responsible for nicks actions. he knew what he was doing. thats for sure