6/8/08

State of Minnesota Forces Al Franken to Apologize for His Sense of Humor

Wow. Things are pretty weird out there in the DFL in Minnesota. Ya gotta apologize for your sense of humor if ya wantta run for office ...

I guess it is an apology because he used the word "sorry". (Document: Al Franken's acceptance speech).
...It kills me that things I said and wrote sent a message to some of my friends in this room and people in this state that they can’t count on me to be a champion for women, a champion for ALL Minnesotans, in this campaign and in the Senate.

I’m sorry for that....

[He's smiling and thinking, "I just apologized for my sense of humor. What a joke!"]

1 comment:

John D. Enright said...

Must be something in the water- Jessie Ventura, Al Franken . . . didn't you teach there?