6/11/14

Is Eric Cantor Jewish?

Yes, Eric Cantor is a Jew.

Wikipedia reports about Cantor:
Cantor, the second of three children, was born in Richmond, Virginia, the son of Mary Lee (née Hudes), a schoolteacher, and Eddie Cantor, who owned a real estate firm. His paternal family immigrated from Eastern Europe in the early 1900s and his maternal grandfather was born in Romania. His father was the state treasurer for Ronald Reagan's 1980 presidential campaign. Cantor was raised in Conservative Judaism.
Cantor is the House Majority Leader in the US House of Representatives, making him, "the highest-ranking Jewish member of Congress in its history." He was defeated in a primary election 6/10/2014.

I met Cantor and his wife at a friend's wedding September 3, 2012 and I chatted with them. I told Eric that I was proud of his accomplishments and that I disagreed with his politics.

Cantor was in the news at that time because he received information about the Petraeus affair several weeks before it was revealed in the press.

Buy my book: God's Favorite Prayers

No comments: