11/26/12

Is Nicki Minaj Jewish?

No Nicki Minaj is not a Jew.

Rap Genius says, "Onika Maraj, born December 8, 1982, known by her stage name Nicki Minaj, is a rapper. She was born in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago, and moved to Queens when she was five." Wikipedia says, "Her parents are of mixed Indian and Afro-Trinidadian ancestry."

Nicki does sing about God on one version of the hit song by Alicia Keyes, Girl On Fire (Inferno Version).

Her rap lyrics wrap up that incredible song:
[Nicki Minaj]
Dear God, If you’re here God
Make the fire disappear when they stare God
Take away my fear when they interfere God
Do you fear God? Cause I fear God
And in my backyard, that’s a deer, God
And that’s a horse ranch
And to my core fans keep repping me
Do it to the death of me
X in the box cause ain’t nobody checking me
The Rap Genius site (the Talmud of rap music) provides a click-on commentary on the lyrics here.

No comments: